Students with disabilities
Accessible format texts
The University of Turin, as an authorised entity, offers a service of retrieval and supply of examination texts in accessible format.
- the retrieval and supply of material already in digital format;
- the supply in digital format of paper texts held by the University libraries;
- the retrieval and supply in digital format of bibliographic material not held in the University libraries.
Who the service is addressed to
In accordance with legal provisions, the service is aimed at students with dyslexia, visual impairment or physical-motor disabilities that make it difficult to use printed books, or with other difficulties in reading printed texts.
Those who find themselves in one of these conditions will have to submit the relevant documentation to the Office for Students with Special Needs.
How the service is provided
To use the service, you need to activate an account on SensusLibrary, the platform that makes texts available in accessible format to authorised users.
Subscribing to SensusLibrary entails signing a disclaimer stating that you undertake not to pass on the material received in digital format to third parties, not to make copies of it and to use it only for study and personal purposes.
Confirmation of subscription to the service will be sent to you by e-mail, subject to authorisation provided by the Office for Students with Special Needs.
When you will be enabled, you will be able to access the platform and request the materials you need by entering the following mandatory data: Title, Author, ISBN, Publisher, format, academic year of reference and teaching (exam).
The requested texts will be made available in an accessible format on the platform, approximately within 3 weeks. Should a longer period of time be necessary, you will be contacted by the service's e-mail address email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
From the platform, you will be able to download the available file, re-edit the format as needed, or send it to your e-mail address.
If you have any difficulties using the SensusLibrary platform, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- the service is intended only for print-disabled users under the law
- the service is provided for study and personal use only. Any other use of the bibliographic material made available through the service is prohibited
- the end-user is solely responsible for any copyright infringement
- neither the University of Turin nor the developers of the service are responsible for improper and/or illegal use of the SensusLibrary application